Sunday 22 December 2013

Stampin' Up! UK A Very Special Birthday

Happy Festive Sunday to you. Hope all your preparations are going well and you are all ready for the main event on Wednesday. I am about as ready as I will ever be. Just got the wrapping to do now.

I thought I would share a very special card I made this week for my good crafty friend and customer, Chris. She celebrated her 70th birthday on Friday and I wanted to create something super sparkly and special for her celebrations.


I had seen the multi colour embossing powder technique demonstrated on stage at Convention and decided to give it another dimension by using the beautiful Gold and Silver Glitters from the Autumn Winter catalogue (it gave it that super special extra something). To create this effect I stamped the whole Swallowtail image in Versamark on to Basic Black cardstock. I then poured Heat and Stick Powder onto the tips of the wings and the body. I quickly heated this and then covered with the silver and gold glitters. Once this element was completed, I quickly added the gold and silver embossing powders to the Versamark trying to create this striped effect. I think the key is to act quickly (while managing not to mix your powders and glitters!) so that the Versamark does not dry out. Overall, I was really pleased with result. I liked it better than the effect i was going for in my head (which rarely happens for me!).


To finish I Versamarked the 7 and 0 from the Memorable Moments stamp set (perfect for all Anniversaries and Birthdays) and used Heat and Stick with the Gold Glitter. I then carefully cut around the numbers and mounted with Dimensionals. I then stamped the Happy, 'th' and Birthday from the same stamp set using my Gold Metallic Encore ink pad.

I hope Chris had a lovely day and I look forward to catching up with her in the New Year to hear all about it.


Please get in touch if you have any questions or queries about Stampin' Up!, I'd be only too happy to help: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. I have dates available in the New Year for fantastic Sale-A-Bration parties (lots of lovely extra freebies for hostesses as well as for customers) so drop me a line if you think you might be interested in finding out more.


Happy Festive Crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment