Tuesday 20 August 2013

Christmas comes (very) early to the Isle of Wight


Good morning and welcome to a Christmas-y crafty week here at Stampin' Sarah.

This weekend saw the first of my Christmas Craft Days (the second starts today at 10.30am). I had a lovely group of crafty ladies come along on Saturday and we spent the day making a whole series of festive items from a Christmas planner to a stamped candle holder along with cards and gift wrapping too. I took the picture above to show the projects we'd be making over on my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/stampinupiow). It gives a little sneak peak of the projects and techniques I will be sharing with you over the next week. Its never too early to get thinking about Christmas crafting ;0)

The first project I am sharing with you is this foil cardstock embossed poinsettia card which uses lots of fab new product from the Autumn Winter catalogue launching on August 29th.

The silver layer is the fab new Foil Sheets (Gold and Silver - Page 28 of the Autumn Winter Catalogue- £3.75) embossed with the new Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (Page 24 A/W Catalogue).

We then stamped the Poinsettia image from the new Joyful Christmas stamp set (Page 27 A/W Catalogue) on to Bermuda Bay cardstock using the new Silver Metallic Encore Pad (Page 28- gives a beautiful shiny stamped result and is quicker than heat embossing). We cut the centre leaves from one image and layered these with dimensionals on to the other. We then finished with a fabulous Frosted Finishes Embellishment (Page 28 A/W Catalogue- I have already used an entire pack of these in my Christmas crafting so far!! Lots more will be purchased in the next couple of months I am sure).

To finish this card we stamped the Joyful Christmas Wishes sentiment from the same stamp set on to the cardbase.

I love the colour scheme of this card. Not traditionally festive but Christmas-y feeling all the same. This was inspired by a lovely card I had seen on a US Demonstrators blog as part of a Christmas-y blog hop. As soon as I saw all the lovely layers to the card I knew I'd have to give it a go.

If you'd like me to send you a copy of the new Autumn Winter catalogue please drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk and I'll happily pop one in the post to you. So many lovely ideas launching with this new catalogue on August 29th. I am counting down the days to the catalogue release so I can start using all the new products in my upcoming crafty parties. Please get in touch if you'd like to find out more about booking a crafty party in your home. I'd love to help you get your hands on lots of lovely hostess freebie products to say thank you for hosting.

To find out more or to have a Stampin' Up! chat please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

I'll be back tomorrow to share another Christmasy project with you.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment