Friday 23 August 2013

Quick and easy Christmas makes

Today's crafty shares are two quick and easy Christmas makes. Both would be perfect for a Christmas table decoration or place setting.

Here are the two projects together. A stamped muslin bag and a decorated Ferrero Rocher chocolate:


I stamped the fantastic new Mini Muslin Bag (Page 36 of the Autumn Winter Catalogue) using the frame from Morning Post Numbers and the sentiment and present image are taken from the Wishing You stamp set on Page 23. I stamped the images using Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive and then sewed matching Designer Buttons on to the bag using Stampin' Up!'s fabulous Linen Thread.


We created this pennant embellishment by adding lengths of Bakers Twine to the muslin bag tie and then wrapping lengths of Season of Style Designer Washi Tape around the Twine and then cutting the v-shapes into the sealed tape. It is a great way of adding an extra little detail and showcasing the different uses for our Washi Tapes.
This was my favourite project of the day, a wrapped Christmas pudding Ferrero Rocher chocolate. I had seen this idea on Pinterest and knew it would be perfect for my Christmas Craft Day.

To create this project I cut a lattice shape in Early Espresso using the Lattice Big Die. I then attached a small piece of Sticky Strip to the top of the chocolate and then stuck the four corners to the sticky strip. I then covered with a small scallop circle punched using the 3.2cm Scallop Circle Punch (punched from Very Vanilla and sponged around the edges using Baked Brown Sugar). To finish we glued a small length of Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon to the scallop circle and punched an Itty Bitty Shape from Red Glimmer Paper.

Thank you for popping by today. I am going to be working on my project tutorials over the weekend to share the main projects from my craft day with you over the weekend and in to next week. Looking forward to sharing some new ideas and techniques with you then. In the mean time, a very happy weekend to you and, as always, happy crafting.

-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment