Wednesday 2 April 2014

Happy Watercolor Happy Mother's Day Card


Hello crafters. What a rainy day here on the Isle of Wight. A perfect day for sticking on a film and tucking myself away in my craft room for a couple of hours. Once this is posted I might take advantage of the babies being asleep for a little while and see what I can create.

Today's share is the Mother's Day card I made for my Mum. It was inspired by this card I had seen on Pinterest. I decided to give it my own twist and use the tools and stamps I had within my crafty cupboards. I chose my colour scheme as a starting point: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Strawberry Slush & Blushing Bride.

I stamped the background with the En Francais background stamp in Crumb Cake ink. The corner 'splodges' are from the Happy Watercolor stamp set. The small hearts are stamped in Strawberry Slush,  Blushing Bride & Crumb Cake using the multiple heart stamp from the Language of Love set and then punched with the Small Heart Punch.


The final detail on the card are the main hearts which were punched using the Full Heart Punch from Modern Medley Designer Series Paper. I inked the edges of each heart with Crumb Cake ink and then stamped each heart with the floral orchid stamp from the Happy Watercolor stamp set. I then repeat stamped this image on to Very Vanilla and coloured the flower heads with Blushing Bride and Strawberry Slush using a Blender Pen. Then using my lovely sharp Paper Snips I cut around the coloured flower heads and glued these on to my punched full hearts.  To finish I covered the coloured flower heads with Crystal Effects and left to dry to give a lovely textured sheen to my card.

Thanks for popping by today. Lovely to have you join me at Stampin' Sarah! If you'd like any further information about any Stampin' Up! products or find out more about hosting a party, placing an order or joining my team or hostess club, I'd love to chat to you. Please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment