Friday 11 November 2011

Pennant Punch Christmas Tree

The final project from October's Card Class is this masked Pennant Punch Christmas Tree card. This was inspired by this card over on Vicky's blog. As regular readers will have seen, I adore this masking and sponging technique and could make a million Christmas cards this way.

I created a mask using a post-it note and the scalloped pennant from the Pennant Punch. I then sponged over the mask with Pear Pizzazz. With the mask still in place I stamped part of the large tree from Lovely As A Tree in Old Olive and Garden Green to give the leaf texture. The trunk was stamped using a stamp from Trendy Trees (a bit wonky I'm afraid- must find where I hid my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig).

I created a second mask using a torn post it and sponged over more Pear Pizzazz to create the grass and then finished with Garden Green ink to stamp the Contempo Christmas sentiment.
Hooray for Friday ;0) I'm off to my monthly crop tomorrow and i haven't managed to go for several months. Will be lovely to catch up with the ladies (as well as get my Convention swaps finished once and for all!!!).

Happy  crafting ;0)
-X-

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a good technique to try, i love the effect you have got. Will bring my JOY book tomorrow but I have not done anything in it yet!
    See you tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you liked this one Sarah! Yours looks fantastic! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great card, love the stamping. Kim

    ReplyDelete