Thursday 10 November 2011

An unusual Christmas card...

So this was inspired by a beautiful card I saw over on In Love With Stamping (I am having trouble with my internet at the moment and cannot open another tab to look up credit for this card). I just fell in love with this unusual colour combination for Christmas- More Mustard and Cajun Craze.

This was also my first experimentation with the baby wipe technique. And i really like the effect it gave, especially with such a large stamp like the Medallion background stamp. It created a striking but subtle background.

I embellished with a line of Basic Rhinestones and a bow tied with Real Red Satin Ribbon. The ornament was raised with dimensionals.

Please excuse the somewhat haphazard stamping of the greeting from Contempo Christmas. This goes to show that even us Demonstrators have issues with over inked stamps from time to time (I really must remember to check the stamp before putting rubber to cardstock- especially if the greeting is the last step to finish the card!!)

I hope you enjoyed this unusual take on a Christmas card. I think I might get a little more creative with my colour combos going forward....

1 comment:

  1. This is a real beauty Sarah! I love the colour combination for Christmas - it looks all warm and glowing. Hope you're blooming! Vx

    ReplyDelete