Monday 23 August 2010

Crafty Catch Up

After a very busy weekend of crafting and classes. I've finally managed to catch up enough to take photos to upload here. Saturday was my first class at Norton Grange in Yarmouth. It was an enjoyable session on a very rainy day ;0) The cards seemed to go down a treat and I look forward to demo-ing there again next Saturday.

Then Saturday afternoon was my normal monthly card class. At the request of my lovely card ladies I did a Christmas themed class. Here are the projects I put together for the session.
The first card was inspired by a similar card I saw the lovely Marguerite demo at a recent Pink Ladies training session. This uses the flourish from the Baroque Motifs stamp set along with small flower and greeting from the Season Of Joy set. DSP is from the Merry Moments set. Colours: Old Olive and Real Red. The finishing touch was a bit of Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread and a button.

Our second card of the afternoon was this lovely trifold/twister card using the Dasher stamp from the mini catalogue. We gold heat embossed Dasher onto Real Red cardstock (layered over Very Vanilla). The main card was real red with DSP from Merry Moments. Real Red Satin Ribbon to finish. I'm in the process of putting together a little tutorial for the trifold card as this is my new favourite card to make ;0)
I was attempting to demo different types of card as well as techniques. This was our final project for the afternoon, a lovely easel card using the greeting from Season of Joy. We heat embossed this in gold, outlined the Real Red with a gold pen and layered it onto Very Vanilla again. This was mounted onto a Chocolate Chip easel (also used another small piece of Merry Moments DSP again). The greeting was embossed and cut using the oval punch on Real Red and mounted with a Very Vanilla Scallop oval. I hadnt realised this card was stuck slightly wonky till I took a photo of it. It doesnt look so wonky up close ;0)I couldnt remember if I had uploaded a photo from my workshop demo last week. I demo-d a variation on my Loads of Love truck and Neighbourhood wheel card. I chose to keep it within the Soft Subtles colour family as it is works beautifully with these stamps. I mounted the picture onto Barely Banana cardstock and finished with Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon and greeting punched using the scallop circle punch.
And one final photo for the day. As Mum and I were driving towards Yarmouth on Saturday for my first card class we were held up going through Carisbrooke. There was a long tail back and the traffic was barely moving. I was getting increasingly stressed about it until the source of the traffic jam turned out to be a swan with her babies walking down the middle of the road. I managed to get a photo of them once they'd waddled on up to the pavement and we drove past ;0) Right, off to get ready for another demo tonight. I'm going to be demo-ing the swirly Christmas card from Saturdays card class for some friends of my Mums.

Any questions about Stampin Up or to order products, please do not hesitate to get in touch: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 07830 343830.

1 comment:

  1. pleased your first class at Norton Grange went well.

    ReplyDelete