Tuesday 31 August 2010

Getting organised....

I've wanted to get my head around storing my stash for a while now. I've pored over the IKEA catalogue and browsed a million and one craft storage websites and blogs for ideas but never hit on something that would work in my own space at home. Well I went out yesterday to a big bank holiday car boot with a view to finding a little shelving unit to alter and have a go at some painting techniques on.

As I was looking through the stalls I came across this FAB unit for sale. I couldnt resist snapping it up as it is PERFECT for my Stampin' Up stash! I spent the afternoon cleaning it up and getting it all clean and tidy, then carefully organising it with my stamps, ink pads, punches & accessories. I've even left an empty shelf for the 15 new colour ink pads that will be arriving in September! I was like the cat that got the cream all day yesterday. I kept just opening and closing the doors and admiring how tidy everything looked.

And I even managed to find myself the most perfect little chest of drawers and little shelf unit to sand down and alter. So my storage problem was solved alongside finding the right little crafty projects to work on ;0)

And it wasnt all tidying and organising this weekend. I even managed a whole load of crafting too. I can only post pics of a few things I worked on as some are for upcoming birthdays so will be posted in due course. But my favourite project of the weekend was my Starbucks Mini Album. I'd seen one of these in a mini album book a while back and have been dying to have a go. So a couple of weekends back Sam and I were over in Gunwharf and I got him to ask for a couple of clean cups for me (one extra in case I needed another go!). This is the result:
For this I used the Night and Day DSP from the mini catalogue (retiring September 30th). I've had these a while and been a bit stumped with what to use them for. This seemed like the perfect little project. Its sort of my "around the world in 80 Starbucks" mini-album (which is what I wanted to call it but didnt have anywhere near enough alphas for that long title!). I also coupled the black and white DSP with Garden Green cardstock (close enough to the Starbucks green). The circles on the front and tags are from the Cottage Wall DSP. Inks are: White gel pen, Black Journaller and Chocolate Chip for inking the edges.

The other projects I worked on this weekend were: a gorgeous card for my sisters birthday next month, my swaps for the High Wycombe training & a good friends 30th mini album ;0) I shall look forward to sharing these with you in due course ;0)

Any questions please do not hesitate to get in contact, poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 07830 343830.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah!!!!! you have far too much stash :) I think the new SU ink pads might have to come and live with me instead :)
    see you for Lunch tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! How much stash??? No wonder you needed storage! Well done on your bootsale finds, that will save you money for more stash! Love the little starbucks book x

    ReplyDelete