Wednesday 3 February 2016

A Balloon Celebration Slider Pop Up Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Good morning crafters. How is your week going? It has been a busy one here with catching up on a weeks worth of work. I've also been completing the second of my Stitch Along owls. Hopefully he should be finished today and I can share a picture with you on Friday.

I have seen a lot of these Pop Up Slider Cards around on the internet recently. I really love the idea of the surprise pop up element. So I decided to have a go at teaching this card at my last card class. For my colour scheme I used the Cherry on Top Cardstock pack as my inspiration- Watermelon Wonder and Bermuda Bay. 

To create my card I used a fantastic Splitcoast Stampers tutorial (you can find it here). Once I had all my elements cut I covered my base with birthday images from the Party Wishes stamp set. I also stamped my balloon panel. I used the 'stamping off' technique to get the differing tones for my balloons (ink up your stamp and then stamp on to a piece of scrap paper before stamping on to your main project giving a lighter tone to your stamping). I stamped two balloons on to a spare piece of Whisper White and punched with the coordinating Balloon Punch and mounted with Dimensionals.


This is what the card looks like folded flat (this would fit in to a standard sized envelope).


This is the pop up section at the top of the card. I stamped with the Party Wishes sentiment and added detail from the Balloon Celebration stamp set.


Thank you for popping by today. Pop back on Friday for more craftiness. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up!, Sale-A-Bration or any of our new products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!).

-XXX-
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. When it comes to efficiency, Stationery Supplies are the unsung heroes. With the right tools, like colourful sticky notes and efficient organisers, even the most mundane office can become a haven of creativity. Investing in high-quality stationery offers dual benefits: it makes my workplace seem more homely and helps me remain organised.

    ReplyDelete