Saturday 1 June 2013

In Love With Stamping Blog Hop- Welcome to the IOW


Good morning and thanks for joining me for my little Isle of Wight part of the In Love With Stamping blog hop. Thanks to Sandra and her creativity in the post before mine.

We are all hopping this morning to celebrate the Stampin' Up! retiring lists being published and to bid a fond farewell to some of our favourite stamp sets, punches, dies and embellishments.

I decided to share this morning two of my favourite projects using two of my favourite retiring stamp sets, Christmas Lodge and Forever Young.

This first project I created for a special Christmas card. It was inspired by this card I had found online. I loved the idea of using a battery tea light to create a luminary card
My favourite element of the Christmas Lodge stamp set is the Merry Christmas sentiment. I love this detailed stamp and the beautiful effect of the embossed gold. And as we all know in the crafting world, it is never too early to start thinking about your Christmas cards so its a perfect stamp set to purchase before it leaves the catalogue at the end of the month.

My second project uses the beautiful More Amore Speciality Paper to create a box card.


I used the tree swing stamp from the Forever Young set to stamp the inside. I love these fancy fold box cards as you can fit a gift card or small chocolates inside so it is a gift and card all in one. I will certainly be sad to see this stamp set retire as its been a feature of many classes and cards I have created over the past couple of years.

Thanks for stopping by this morning. To go back to the beginning of the hop please click on over to Crafty Alison.

 
Please get in touch if you have any questions or queries about any of the products used today or to place your Last Chance Retiring List order. Don't forget that stocks are limited and only available while stocks last.
 
Happy crafting ;0)
-X-
 

5 comments:

  1. Two very clever projects Sarah. I love your Christmas Card, I would love to see it glowing in the dark !! Thank you for joining the blog hop. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh I like your projects, love the idea with the 'candle'. Great stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the candle too, not seen that before.Your fancy fold card it very clever too. Thanks for playign and sharing x Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects Sarah
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects Sarah. I have some of those tealights still waiting to be used. Thanks for the inspiration to get them used :-)

    ReplyDelete