Tuesday 25 June 2013

Try It Tuesday: New Home Moving Card

Hello and welcome to Tuesday's little bit of Isle of Wight craftiness. A good crafty friend of mine, Hayley, of Happiness is Homemade, is moving back to the big island this week (Southampton to be precise). I met her for lunch today with another friend of ours, strictly not to say goodbye but instead to have a quick catch up before the move and a 'see you soon'.

As you'll see from her blog, she makes beautiful cards and crafty bits and bobs, so I knew I needed to make her a fabulous good luck on the move card. I'd saved this card to my Stampin' Up! ideas Pinterest board months and months ago. While searching for a bit of inspiration I came across it and thought it would lend itself beautifully to these gorgeous new papers from the new 2013-2014 catalogue, Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper. So I set about giving it my own crafty twist.

 To anyone who reads my blog regularly or who knows me, you'll realise I'm not really one for imprecise crafting. The most extreme of my crafting is to tear a bit of cardstock or distress the edges of my scrapbook page. I am not one for this sort of style. But I absolutely loved giving this a go. So maybe there is an art journaller/collage maker inside trying to get out after all. 

In fact, this card is one of my favourite cards I've ever made. I loved adding the personal details in the doodles such as the family names and well wishes. I find opening a new pack of pretty papers so inspiring and these sneak peak papers just gave me a kick of crafty mojo.

Here are close ups of some of the details on the card:

To create this card I used a full sheet of Crumb Cake A4 cardstock folded in half for the card base. I then cut the background to size and cut the hill from the green patterned papers. I then cut a rectangle for the house and a matching triangle for the roof and then pieced together the rest of the paper elements. I used my Stampin' Write Journaller as I went to add the doodling detail.

This card uses:

Cardstock: Crumb Cake

Papers: Regals Patterned Paper Stack & Gingham Garden
Punches: Word Window (Fence), Small Heart, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle (Sun)
Embellishments: Large Heart from Artisan Embellishments Kit & Subtles Designer Buttons
Big Shot Die: Peekaboo Frames (for the window)

Please get in touch if you have any questions about this card or the products I have used to create it. If you'd like to place an order to create your own version of this, I would be more than happy to help. You can contact me on 01983 609249 or 07830 343830, or by email: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk.

Happy Crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment