Tuesday 26 February 2013

Try It Tuesday: Simple Squares

 
Here is this weeks Try It Tuesday layout. I found a page on Pinterest that I loved and decided to give it a Stampin' Up! makeover. The original page is here. I used this layout as the basic reference point for my 12"x12" page changing the details to fit my dimensions.
 
I cut 7cm squares from the beautiful Birds of a Feather Designer Series Papers which I then daubered with Primrose Petals ink around the edges. The base Whisper White cardstock I sprayed and splattered with pink ink and then glimmered with a spray of Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.
 
I created the circular embellishment with my Circles #2 Die and the large Scallop Circle Punch. I stamped the 'S' with my Notable Alphabet stamp set. The bunting I created with a length of Pool Party Bakers Twine and folded circles punched with my 1" punch.
 
I love the simplicity of this page and I love how the subtle colours pick up on the colours of the photo. This picture was taken when Summer was 6 days old, all tucked up asleep in my dressing gown. I only have a few photos of me and Summer from the first few days so I cherished the opportunity to scrapbook one of them.
 
Thank you for stopping by today. Please get in touch (poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249) for any more information on Stampin' Up! and their products. Happy to help in any crafty way I can.
 
Happy Crafting
-X-

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely layout Sarah - and what a beautiful photo of you and Summer! You look glowing. Gill x

    ReplyDelete