Tuesday 22 January 2013

A Summer-y Scrapbook Page


Welcome to my first scrapbooking Try It Tuesday ;0)

This week I picked a fab sketch from Shimelle's blog to get started with my scrapbook page (a fab blog for scrapbook inspiration a-plenty). I can honestly say that this is one of my favourite pages I have ever created. It is one of those moments where I feel like I did justice to the pictures I wanted to scrapbook. The papers and embellishments all came together to create a page I am 100% happy with ;0) Now if only I had remembered to turn off my flash when I took the pictures to blog!!

This page features some fab sneak peak items from the upcoming Stampin' Up! Spring Summer catalogue. The papers are the beautifully summer-y Sunshine and Sprinkles DSP. The whale embellishment is cut using the new Happy Whale Clearlits Die to match the paper design (it also cuts the mini anchor, heart & star). And one of my favourite new items from the catalogue are the new Soda Pop Tops and matching Itty Bitties stamp set (56 mini images that can be stamped to fit within the Soda Pop Top embellishments) which I used to create the little embellishment with baby feet. 

If you'd like to receive a complimentary copy of the new Spring Summer catalogue I am holding an Open House event on February 2nd at my home in Newport, feel free to pop by between 10am-3.30pm to try some of the new products and be entered in to a prize draw to win some lovely Stampin' Up! goodies ;0) Alternatively, please drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk to find out more about the new catalogue.

Here is a close up of the page title. I stamped the 'Beach' using my new Notable Alphabet stampset (stamped in Island Indigo) and the rest of the lettering is completed using bits and pieces from my stash.
 Here is a close up of the whale and Soda Pop Top.
 And here is another fab product to look forward to, the Sizzlets S Pinwheel Die. I'd never quite mastered making these Pinwheels by hand. This makes life so much easier ;0)

 I find using a sketch to get me started with my pages is sometimes the perfect inspiration to make life a little easier. Some of my favourite scrappy layouts have been inspired by a sketch and I find them a lifesaver when my mojo goes on holiday from time to time ;0)

Thank you for stopping by today. Please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 to find out more about Stampin' Up! and their products, to place an order or book a party at home to try some of the new catalogue products (and earn fab hostess freebie products in the process).

Happy Scrapping ;0)
-X-

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree that everything turned out just perfectly. I also like seeing all the SU products. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is so cute Sarah. Loving the new theme to the blog as well.

    Hx

    ReplyDelete