Thursday 31 January 2013

Make It Thursday: Stampin' Up! Fabric

Good morning and welcome to this weeks Make it Thursday embellishment idea.

I am feeling so inspired by all the new loveliness in the Spring Summer Catalogue that I am trying all sorts of new crafty techniques. I recently participated in a product share with my fellow team mates (another great bonus of being a Demonstrator!) and received a sample of the new Stampin' Up! pag fabrics. I had seen on Page 13 of the new Spring Summer Catalogue some lovely puffed and stuffed fabric hearts made with the More Amore Designer Fabric. I thought these would be a perfect embellishment to create.
 
Here are the tools I used for my puffed hearts (I also used thread- I had some Primrose Petals thread leftover from my Sweet Threads Simply Sent samples which I used). I used the heart framelit from the new Hearts a Flutter set of dies to cut two heart shapes with lovely scalloped edges. I then sew roughly around the edges with a backstitch to sew the two shapes together leaving a small gap to insert the stuffing. Once stuffed I then closed the hole and finished my complete puffed heart.
Here is the finished product. A puffy heart embellishment perfect for a card or scrapbook layout. A lovely added bit of dimension for any crafty project. 

If you pop back tomorrow I will be sharing with you the finished card I made using three of these puffed hearts and the beautiful More Amore Designer Series Paper. I am taking part in a Blog Hop to celebrate the launch of the new catalogue tomorrow so pop back for plenty of inspiration ;0)

And don't forget to check out
Sale-A-Bration and all the lovely freebies you can receive if you place a £45 order or host a Stampin' Up! party ;0) I am holding my Spring Summer Open House on Saturday between 10am and 3.30pm please pop by to find out more about Stampin' Up! and all the lovely new products (and pop back to hear about my BIG prize I am offering for all qualifying Stampin' Up! orders placed during Sale-A-Bration!).
 
Happy Crafting ;0)
-X-


No comments:

Post a Comment