Wednesday 10 October 2012

A bit of Autumn scrapping

The theme for my September scrapbook class was Autumn. I love all the colours of this time of year and wanted to create pages that reflected  the changing of the season. I also love seasonal layouts as I can use a multitude of cheesey titles like Summer in Autumn, A very Summery Christmas etc... etc... When I sat down to plan September's class I was inspired by our new Autumn Winter Orchard Harvest papers and by this layout I'd seen on Pinterest.  I decided to give the LO a Stampin' Up! makeover and used the Orchard Harvest DSP as the basis for the colour scheme (I am still loving Raspberry Ripple a little too much in my current crafting).
 
I created the trunk of the tree using our new Early Espresso Coredinations cardstock which I embossed with the woodgrain folder and sanded with our new sanding system. The leaves I cut with our new die and embossed with various patterned folders. The flowers were mainly punched/stamped with the Boho Blossoms punch from the Orchard Harvest papers. The other flowers were taken from my stash. I created the pumpkins with my oval punches and Pumpkin Pie patterned papers.
 
This was such a fun page to make. I loved layering up dimensionals to create different layers and heights of all the embellishments. I always feel a certain level of pressure to 'do justice' to all the lovely photos I have of Summer and this page made me happy as it matched the picture perfectly.
 
Hope you are all having a lovely week and enjoying your mid week crafting. I'll be at Trouville Hall in Sandown on Sunday for the Crafty Islanders Craft Fayre. Please pop by and say hi. There will be a make and take and I'll be demonstrating too ;0)
 
-XX_
 

No comments:

Post a Comment