Friday 29 April 2011

What a lovely day

Now I'm happy to admit that until today I was indifferent to the Royal Wedding. But the moment I turned on the news this morning I was hooked. I could not take my eyes off the guests and their hats, the family arriving, the cars, the parade, the salutes, the brothers laughing together, the 'You look beautiful' moment, the crowds of well wishers, and just the simple sheer Britishness of it all. I got so caught up in it all that just driving from my home to my Mums seemed like a lifetime away from the BBC (but luckily all we missed were the first few guests arriving at the Abbey). I had such a perfect day watching the wedding with Mum and Dad (refreshments provided by Dad- a cuppa and a ham sandwich- I did my patriotic bit from the comfort of Mum and Dad's sofa ;0). Who knew I would get so caught up in it all. I'll remember this for the next time (Harry maybe? Although he doesnt look like he'll be settling down anytime soon) and ensure I get my act together for a street party. I hope you all enjoyed it however you celebrated.

Right, now on to a bit of  crafting. Here are a couple of pages I created in the week for me 'Tales of 2011' journal. I've had to be creative with the photography again to hide most of the writing. I hadn't realised quite how therapeutic keeping this journal was going to be (a bit like keeping this blog is also). There has been a lot of change around me recently and things going on. And keeping my weekly bit of creativity going has been a tonic focusing my mind on the positive and on the things I'll want to remember from this year.

You'll probably notice my theme here. I am just loving the new Springtime Vintage DSP from Stampin' Up! I used up a lot of my leftover squares from this months card class projects on the second page. I love using lots of little scraps of this paper as put all together they look like a lovely vintage quilt. I'm also a bit addicted to making those little butterflies using my Big Shot embossing and cutting folder.

This first pic shows last weekend in all its twenty something degree glory. We couldnt have asked for more perfect weather for a long weekend (*fingers crossed* it holds out for the rest of this weekend too). These were just random photos I took of my sisters and Dad at last weekends Easter BBQs.

 This was my summary page for Week 14 in which I took a trip to London to visit my friend Francesca. I didnt have any photos to share on this page. So I created a focal point with my DSP and butterflies (and those gorgeous pink glittery thickers too). I love having this alternative journal to creatively keep all my tickets and bits and bobs in.
Right, I have a few more things to share that I have been working on but you'll have to come back on Sunday and Monday to see those as they are my birthday projects for my Dad and sister (this is our family weekend of two birthdays).

Any questions about Stampin' Up! or to just chat crafting, please feel free to get in touch: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

I'm off to watch the highlights of the Royal Wedding all over again......

Happy Crafting ;0)
-XX-

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous way to make a focal point on a page without photos and it uses scraps of DP too! Wasn' t the wedding fab?!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was fab watching the wedding yesterday, I, like you didn't move from the BBC watching it all day! A mention of your Birthday, Happy Birthday, when is it?

    ReplyDelete