Tuesday 16 November 2010

Workshop Makes

I've finally gotten around to uploading my photos of last weeks workshop makes. I had two fantastic workshops (homemade cakes galore and blue cheese scones to die for) with two absolutely lovely hostesses. Here are the projects I put together to demonstrate for the lovely ladies:

Demonstration: Christmas Stamped Candle.

I'd been looking at online tutorials for cande stamping and decided to bite the bullet and have a go at making one. I am so pleased at how they turned out at both workshops. This is my practice run candle and even this one was pretty impressive (I'm easily pleased). For this I used: Season of Joy (currently part of the Bundle Up For Christmas promotion above), tissue paper and a plain cream coloured candle.

 Excuse the wonky photo. Not sure why the candle is half tipped over.
 Side view of the coloured design I used (in my finished candles I used self adhesive rhinestones in the centre of the small green flowers). All tied up with Real Red Satin Ribbon and a hand made gift tag.
These are the Make and Take card designs. This was created with Real Red & Old Olive using Contempo Christmas and Baroque Motifs (the most versatile flourish stamp is in this set. I use it all the time). I also used the Ornament and Scallop Trim punches to finish off.

To get in touch about anything Stampin' Up! or craft related please email: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or call 609249 / 07830 343830.

1 comment:

  1. You are clever - I love the candle! And those cards are gorgeous with the matching envelope too! I agree that Baroque Motifs is an essential set just for that flourish alone.

    ReplyDelete