Wednesday 24 November 2010

Wight Craft Circle Week 38

Well I sat down this evening and tried to have a go at getting my scrapbooking mojo back.  I had a go at Week 38's Scrap With Us challenge 'Proudest Moment'. While the photo probably doesn't illustrate my life's proudest moment. It does reflect the pride I felt at that age at being a Brownie and receiving my badges. I think this LO lost its way a little bit. I loved the colours but I dont think the elements all came together quite how I had planned in my head (the Owls as in Brown Owl and the mushrooms/toadstools that we used to place our subs money on each week). I think I know how I would change things if I did it all again. However, this is why I love completing the Wight Craft Circle weekly challenges as each week pushes me to challenge my scrapbooking status quo and try new things.

In this LO there are a few Stampin' Up! elements. I used the Funky Four stamp set and the soon to be released (in next years Mini Catalogue) Owl Punch.

Any questions about Stampin' Up! or to book a place on an upcoming cardmaking class, please do not hesitate to contact me: 609249 or poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk.

3 comments:

  1. I like it Sarah, the papers are great and I love the owl punch and the mushrooms x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it as well. I think the colours and the woodland elements all work well together and fit perfectly within the brownie theme! I don't like the fact that your mum and I wore the same style brownie uniform though!!! HOW old does that make me????? ;) see you both tomorrow evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are your most severe critic Sarah! I love this layout - and especially the way the owls are all looking at the little you receiving your badges, the 'badges' above the date and those cute mushrooms. You look so proud receiving your badges!

    ReplyDelete