Sunday 28 November 2010

Christmas Crafting Mojo

 I was up bright and early this morning seeking my scrapbooking mojo! I've signed up for a class with Shimelle which starts on December 1st. Earlier in the week I had found the perfect Kraft Paper Binder in Paperchase and wanted to jazz it up and give it a Journal Your Christmas front cover. I wanted the album all ready to go come Wednesday. I've been struggling a bit with my scrapbooking creativity recently so made myself a cuppa, stuck Love Actually on the TV (how can this film fail to make you feel festive? ;0) and cracked open my Christmas craft box (for JYC I've separated out all my Christmas papers and embellishments and put them in a separate box to make life a little easier).

So here is what I've come up with...... 

The beautiful alphas are all glittery and remind me of sparkly snow. I picked these up at the recent WCC Retreat and have been itching to use them. I am so glad I saved them for this. They are perfect. I've matched them with some beautiful K & Co Christmas papers I've had in my craft drawer for years (also waiting for the perfect opportunity to be used!).

I am so happy. Hoping this'll give me the kick up the bum I need to get back my scrapbooking mojo. I cannot wait to get started with the pages inside. Maybe I could start now (I'm only a couple of days early).

Here is a paper Christmas decoration I recently made at the WCC November crop which uses the Stampin' Up! Pretties kit and matching papers to my JYC journal above. I followed an online tutorial to make this and was so impressed with the result. The colours haven't come out particularly well in this photo (and the Pretties teardrop bead is almost invisible against my kitchen wall). Just a week to wait until I can hang it on my Christmas tree.
If you'd like to book a place on an upcoming card class or order Stampin' Up! products, please do not hesitate to contact me: 01983 609249 or poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk.

2 comments:

  1. Love the ornament Sarah, might have a go at this soon, hope you got me return email today and I am looking forward to seeing some of your scrapbook pages.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your JYC cover! Cant wait to start mine either!

    ReplyDelete