Wednesday 6 October 2010

Retreat Makes

Well, I've been having a real struggle with my camera this morning. I have been waiting for a dry day to use the natural light outside to photograph my LOs. Sadly, this doesnt seem to be on the cards anytime soon. So I've had to take the pictures indoors. None of these are a true representation of the LOs I completed over the weekend. But wanted to upload them asap.

Here goes....

Week 30: 10 Things About... Me!
Week 31: How I Feel About.... Being a Sister

I was really pleased with this LO until I realised I completely forgotten half the challenge. I completed the title half of Week 31's challenge (the 'How I Feel About...' part) but not the colour challenge part of Kiwi, Chocolate, Baja & White! So I've uploaded this half of the challenge and I'll look at doing a colour themed LO for the other half.
  
Week 32: Could It Be Magic?
This is my favourite LO of the weekend and it is the worst picture. I really couldnt capture the detail of this one. I bought some heat resistant acetate and Versamarked a lovely Butterfly borrowed from P's new stampset and then Heat & Sticked it and set Dazzling Diamonds into the glue. I love having a play with a new technique. And I would never have thought of heat embossing onto acetate. But it turned out really well and fitted the 'Magic' theme of the week.

Non challenge related LOs completed:

Roald Day Day & Inventive Crafting
I completed this double LO to fit my new 8.5 x 11 inch page protectors. Sam and I recently visited the Roald Dahl Story Centre in Buckinghamshire and spent ages in their interactive craft room colouring and sticking the two illustrations included in the above LOs. When we'd finished them we blue tacked them to the craft room wall. But I knew I wanted to theme a LO around them so I photographed them and reprinted them when I got home. For this double LO I wanted to capture the fun and colours of being a child and represent how Roald Dahl made me feel when I was young.

King of the Barbecue:

Smores LO:

I also completed a couple of other smaller projects and worked on my Convention swaps but I'll have to post these at a later date ;0) All in all it was a very productive weekend. But I never knew crafting could be so exhausting ;0)

-xxxx-

No comments:

Post a Comment