Sunday 24 October 2010

Yesterdays Christmas Card Class

Yesterday afternoon I had another lovely monthly card class. We were a bit thin on the ground numbers wise but it meant we got to do a lot more chatting as we crafted. And I forced myself to slow down and not get over stressed by rushing through everything (especially with what feels like the startings of flu this weekend).


We made three cards and a gable box using Dasher and Season of Joy. The projects we made today:

 Gable Box made with Season of Joy stampset. Ink colour: Poppy Parade & Pear Pizzazz (yes more shameless use of the In Colours!). Flourish was stamped with Champagne Shimmer Paint and a sponge dauber. Ribbon: Poppy Parade Poly Stitched.
 I cannot help but absolutely love the Paisley Prints stampset. This was the first on my shopping list when the new IB&C launched. I stamped the Christmas Tree image in Early Espresso. The greeting is stamped with the Curly Cute sentiment set. We used the Paper Piercer and piercing mats for the corner of the white panel.
I dedided to try out a new card style for this card so I looked at some online tutorials. I found this triangle folded crossover card with a tagged insert for writing your message on. Again, we used Season Of Joy to make the poinsettia flower on the front (Real Red with red brads for the berry centre). The DSP is the now retired SU Christmas papers. The insert was stamped with the Season of Joy flourish and sentiment, I hand drew on the stitching and finished with a Chocolate Chip Tag and stamped snowflake.
And finally I've been dying to a tri shutter card for a while. For this we used little bits of leftover DSP, Dasher and Season of Joy. I tried to show that this card is very adaptable and can be decorated in any way you like (made easier by double sided DSP which meant each of our cards was completely different). Each end was highlighted with gold embossed images. We also created the stand out flowers with scalloped circles and a button.

So that was my crafty Card Class afternoon. Now onward to planning for the Hospice Craft Day next month. Places are booking up fast, so if you would like to come along and spend the day crafting all in aid if a very good cause, get in touch to book now: 609249 or poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk

-XXXX-

2 comments:

  1. Great cards Sarah! Love that tri shutter one at the end. Great colours as well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love 'em all Sarah, your class sounded like good fun, hope the flu stays away for you

    ReplyDelete