Monday 6 July 2015

A Trio of Garden in Bloom Cards from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Good morning crafters and a very Happy Monday. What a beautiful weekend of weather we had here on the Isle of Wight. Perfect for another campervan adventure and cycle ride with the girls in their cycle trailer. I also hosted one of my special product based classes on Saturday. The class was themed around the lovely Garden in Bloom stamp set and matching English Garden Designer Series Papers.


The first of the projects we made was this trio of notecards inspired by cards pictured in the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue (a wealth of inspiration to be found amongst the pictures in the catalogue- sometimes when I am stuck for a little crafting mojo I turn to the catalogue as the cards and projects are often easy to recreate and spark your creativity).

This first card uses a layer of Vellum Cardstock layered over the gorgeous rose papers from the English Garden DSP pack. We simply stamped the greeting and butterflies in Memento Black and then finished with a little Linen Thread.


This card uses a Mint Macaron cardbase which we stamped with Mint Macaron ink (for the butterflies we stamped the outline of the butterfly by stamping directly to the card. Then the inner colour was stamped off first to give these different shades of Mint). The colours used for the flowers are: Blushing Bride, Soft Sky and Mint Macaron. 


 We added another layer of Vellum for the greeting and finished with Silver Metallic Thread.


The final card was a quick stamping project using the same colours as above with the addition of So Saffron and Wisteria Wonder. We added some sequin sparkles for an added bit of texture.


And here is the page in the catalogue that inspired these cards. The many pictures throughout the catalogue pages are such a great starting point for creating. As you can see I didn't case them exactly. I just used them for inspiration.


I hope you've had a lovely creative weekend. I have lots of crafty things to look forward to this week including my hostess club crafty evening on Wednesday and a fun Stampin' Up! party on Saturday. I look forward to sharing our crafty makes with you later in the week.

Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!)

-XXX- 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment