Friday 11 February 2011

Shimelle's Sketches

I sat down last night with a cuppa and an array of papers in front of me (along with my newly arrived envelope of 6 x 4s from Photobox) and had a go at a couple of Shimelle's sketches. I loved just taking a bit of time out to scrapbook about my trip at the weekend. Like I said in an earlier post, I think having a whole wad of new photos has got me all inspired ;0)

I used the same papers as yesterdays mini album. I've tied all my Iceland scrapbooking together with the same themed papers. I created two matching LOs which form a double LO in my album.

This first LO is inspired by Shimelle's new year-long class running over on Two Peas In A Bucket, 4 x 6 Photo Love. Using one 4 x 6 we had to create a triangle with our embellishments. I have so many little stars and gems in my stash that I really enjoyed embellishing this. And in the end I had to put things away before i over did it. I also dug out the few remaining coins from our Icelandic trip and added these in as an extra embellishing dimension.

 My second LO last night was based on Shimelle's recently posted Sketch of the Week. This was my Valentines themed LO for Monday. I find it hard to use hearts and heart embellishments on a lot of my LOs. But I had so much fun with my triple heart punch going to town with this one. The photo is a bit of an odd one I know  but it was taken of a love message in the snow Sam wrote for me on our holiday. I have used crafting glitter to accent the writing in the snow. Try as I might i couldnt pin point exactly what was making this LO a little wonky. I tried to rejig things and it wasnt working. So I have decided the wonky-ness gives the LO character ;0) A simple interpretation but I'm chuffed with the result.
Thanks for stopping by to take a look.

Happy crafting ;0)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for participating in this week's sketch challenge! I've featured your layout in this post: http://www.shimelle.com/paper/923/scrapbooking-sketch-of-the-week/

    :)

    ReplyDelete