Friday 25 February 2011

Home from Make It Farnborough

I'm just back from a day out with my Mum at the Make It show in Farnborough. Like I need encouragement to spend money on crafting stash (especially with the Mini only a month away now!). There were so many lovely stalls and ideas and I've not got finger lift tape coming out my ears (I stocked up while it was on offer!).

While we were there Mum and I decided to take one of the workshop sessions with the lovely Natalie O'Shea. We took the Stampin' Up! stamping scrapbooking workshop where we all made the following 12 x 12 LO using Growing Green (colours Cajun Craze & Old Olive). This has really inspired me to start thinking creatively about how to use stamping in my scrapbooking. I am fine making stamped embellishments for my pages, but I've never really used my stamping for backgrounds like this. I am also super impressed with how beautifully this stamp set stamps. Another one to add to the neverending (and always growing) wish list. Now I just have to find a perfect photo to fit the space and add a bit of journalling.

 Also, thank you again to Julie over at Julie's Japes for the inspiration for this Elegant Eggplant Bliss card. When I saw her Concord Crush design I thought I would give it a go in EE. I used this as part of a workshop yesterday and the ladies all really enjoyed making it ;0)
 Remember, we only have 3 more days of Sale-A-Bration left now. So if you would like to take advantage get in touch asap to place your SAB order on 609249 or poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk.

Happy Crafting ;0)
-X-

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a good day out with your mum. I hope you didn't spend too many pennies :) i know how excited you are about the minii coming out in April. I love the stamping on your LO and can see you will be using this idea again and again :)

    ReplyDelete