Friday 28 January 2011

Shimelle's Sketch of the Week

I know I said this before. But I am loving following these sketches. For someone who had been suffering with serious scrapbookers block I now have 3 new pages in my album that I love ;0) And to top it all off, my last weeks LO was included in Shimelle's round up of peoples sketch interpretations, see here. That made me smile all day when I saw it as it gave me a bit of a confidence boost.

I've kept this weeks LO quite simple. I thought the sketch lent itself quite nicely to letting the papers and photos tell the story. I've had a stack of photos in my photo folder from my year in New York and I've not really known what to do with them. But when I saw the sketch was for two 4x6 pictures I instantly knew which two pictures to use. I just love all old style street lamps like those in the photos. I have so many pictures that I have taken around New York and Central Park of just the street lights. So now I can finally document this love. I had such a fun day the day I took the photo of my NY friends Francesca and Lizzo swinging round a lamp post. It used to be one of our favourite Sunday post-brunch activities (not quite as exciting as the Toys R Us Ferris Wheel though)- walking round Central Park come rain, snow or shine ;0)

-XXX-

2 comments:

  1. Another fabulous layout Sarah. Love these traditional lamp posts too - and how lucky are you to have gone off to NY?!! Congratulations on appearing in Shimelle's showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little butterfly sneaking in there, of course! But really I like everything about this - great page. :)
    I just wanted to let you know... your page is featured on this blog post:
    http://www.shimelle.com/paper/917/scrapbooking-sketch-of-the-week/
    Thanks so much for participating in the weekly sketch! (Sorry for being so late posting everyone's pages!)

    ReplyDelete