Wednesday 5 March 2014

New Baby Card in a Box


Good morning and welcome to another crafty Stampin' Sarah! day.

To any of my Facebook followers, you might have seen a sneaky peak of this card over the weekend. I couldn't wait to share it with you but needed to ensure the card was winging its way in the post before I blogged it here. My cousin had a baby last week. He arrived a bit earlier than anticipated (we were due within a week of each other!) but is happy and healthy and doing super well. 

Using a Pool Party base and the fab tutorial I found over at The Serene Stamper I set about creating this pop up card. The colour scheme is Pool Party and Soft Suede (with a touch of Wild Wasabi for the hearts). The Designer Series Paper is the Retro Fresh papers in the Spring Summer Catalogue.



All the pop up elements were stamped using two stamp sets, Baby, We've Grown (LOVE those owls!) and Zoo Babies. I stamped each outline stamp in Soft Suede and then coloured with my Blender Pens and ink pads.

I needed to create an extra little baby boy owl to complete my cousin's family so stamped the image again and cut the smallest owl removing the wings and feet so it looks like a swaddled baby owl.


I love this layered 'Brand New' image from the Baby, We've Grown set. It is designed to match the Starburst Framelits Dies which I have yet to purchase so had to improvise with a small scallop circle instead.


Here is the card from different angles. I created the Congratulations banner using the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set and handcutting the layers using Whisper White and Pool Party cardstock.

And one final view of the card. I love how these pop up box card fold flat to allow you to post them in a standard envelope. So easy!


Thank you for stopping by today and hope you enjoyed my crafty share. Please get in touch with any questions or queries about my project or Stampin' Up! I'd be only too happy to help you with placing an order, any product queries, information on hosting a crafty party or joining my Stampin' Up! crafty team: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Crafting 
-X-


No comments:

Post a Comment