Tuesday 20 September 2011

Lovely as a Tree Thank You

I demonstrated for a lovely group of crafty ladies on Friday evening. I prepped in advance this Thank You card for the hostess using one of my favourite (and so effective) stamp sets, Lovely as a Tree. The theme of the workshop was Christmas crafting so I decided to design a card with a Christmas-y feel but not overtly red/green/Christmas.

I stamped the row of trees in Baja Breeze and Pool Party (one of the exclusive new In Colours launching October 1st) and then stamped the single tree in Night of Navy. I cut around the single tree and sponge daubered the edge in Baja Breeze. I raised this tree with dimensionals to give a bit of depth to the design. I then finished by using Dazzling Diamonds to embellish the trees and to give a snowy ice feel. I also used my Shimmer Paint to ice the base of each of the trees. The final detail is the Concord Crush Poly Ribbon around the top of the card.

The sentiment is from Thank You Kindly.

Happy Crafting
-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment