Monday 20 June 2016

A Marquee Messages Father's Day Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Happy Monday my lovelies. How was your weekend? Get up to anything crafty? I had my June card class on Saturday which was a fun afternoon. It was a smaller class than normal so we had lots of time for chatting and catching up as well as crafting. It was a fab way to spend a rainy Isle of Wight afternoon.

Now on to today's crafty share. I am not ashamed to admit I am a little obsessed with the Marquee Messages stamp set in our lovely new Annual Catalogue. I've always loved paper piecing my stamped images and this Vegas style neon sign lends itself to piecing the colours together (I would even go so far as to say maybe I should have pieced the 'You Are' too). I thought it would be the perfect stamp to create a Father's Day card for my Dad.

I used mixed Subtles cardstock and stamped the marquee image three times adding the 'You Are' and 'Awesome' to the banners. I then cut around each section and pieced back together.



I added the Happy Father's Day using my Thoughtful Banners stamp set (Photopolymer so super easy to line up).

And to finish I added lots of little rhinestones to the arrow to add a bit of sparkle.



I also created a card with my girls for them to give Sam for Father's Day. This one wasn't so Stampin' Up! focused. I'd seen a card on Pinterest that used scrabble tiles for a simple but effective card. I was in The Works last week and on the counter they had packs of Father's Day scrabble tiles so this card was born from luck and good timing. I made it using a folded A4 piece of Crumb Cake which gave Summer plenty of room to write inside.

Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up!, or any of our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!).

-XXX-

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment