Friday 24 June 2016

A layered Butterfly Basics card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Happy Friday. As you read this we will be packing up our bags and tidying our caravan after a week in the New Forest (taking advantage of Summer not being in school quite yet to take cheaper breaks out of school holiday times!). I hope you've had a lovely week. I scheduled this post for you so cannot fill you in on our adventures quite yet. I also packed a fair amount of crafting but if past experience tells me anything it is that none of it even made it out of my craft bag ;0)

So today's crafty share is a card we made a couple of months back in my monthly card class. We used Butterfly Basics to create this artsy layered card. I wanted to show my class all the different colour tones you could get using just one stamp pad. For this card we only used Elegant Eggplant with a combination of direct stamping, stamping off and sponging.


To create this card we started by clear embossing the fern image on to our Whisper White base.  We then layered up the various images from the stamp set over the top of to get this layered purple toned effect. The key is to do all your stamping and to then use a tissue to remove any excess ink from your embossed areas to get the bright white colour showing through for contrast.


To finish the card we added a Blushing Bridge Glimmer butterfly and rhinestones for sparkle.


Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up!, or any of our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!).

-XXX-

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment