Sunday 5 May 2013

A little something different

 
Last night my family, some family friends, Sam, Summer and I all went along to a newly opened restaurant local to us in Ryde (Isle of Wight) called The Three Buoys. We took my Dad there for a birthday treat. This a brand new venture for a friend of my sisters and her husband and as the restaurant only opened officially on Friday we went along to show our support (the restuarant is named for their three young sons! Such a clever play on words!).

My Mum and sister has seen this card on Pinterest and thought it would make a perfect congratulations/good luck card for the couple starting out in their new business so I set about recreating it for them to give yesterday evening. The card is one sheet of A4 Whisper White folded in half. I then created layers using Baja Breeze & Marina Mist to give the card added dimension. The top layer is made from Baja Breeze embossed with the clouds folder in the Spring Summer catalogue. The lower half is Marina Mist (I dragged a Whisper White Craft ink pad over to give the effect of the sea and then drew the crests of the waves using my White Gel Pen). I used some offcuts of Early Espresso Coredinations cardstock which I crumpled and sanded for the posts and tied Linen Thread around the top. The Gull was created using the Bird Punch and a dauber with Crumb Cake ink. All in all a perfect good luck card for a restaurant by the sea.

And as for our meal, well is was just lovely. I am a big fan of eating out and seafood so the combination came together perfectly at Three Buoys. The food was on the pricier side but my Asian Battered Sea Trout with Asian Coleslaw and Sticky Soy Dip was worth every penny! And don't even get me started on my luxury Mojito. I'll definitely be returning for brunch and to try their afternoon tea too. If you are local to the Isle of Wight or just thinking of taking a trip here one day, I'd consider giving the restaurant a visit.
 
Hope you are all having a lovely Bank Holiday and getting time to enjoy this beautiful weather.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment