Monday 23 May 2011

Another class make

Here is another of our card class makes for this month. This was inspired by a beautiful Strength and Hope card over on Teneale Williams' blog (a very talented Australian Demo). I love this stamp set not only for its beautiful images, but also for the charity it supports. Stampin' Up! donate £1 from each set sold to a Breast Cancer Research charity. For more info click here.  I adapted the original card for my class. I just loved the colour combo of Elegant Eggplant and Crumb Cake and the sponge daubered Crumb Cake edges. And I love using the script stamp as a simple but effective tone on tone background. And of course I never need an excuse to use my gorgeous Scallop Trim Border. You can't see from the photo but I stamped the butterfly onto the Vanilla card and then again onto a vanilla scrap. I then cut the second butterfly out and dimensional-ed the image over the top. This way you have a sneaky cheats way of not having to cut the fine detail of the butterflys feelers.

Uses:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla,  Elegant Eggplant and Crumb Cake.

Stampset: Strength and Hope
Punch: Scallop Trim Border
Embellishments: Basic Pearls

Any questions or to order any Stampin' Up! supplies, please get in touch: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy crafting ;0)
-XX-

1 comment:

  1. I'd never have thought to put Crumb Cake and Elegant Eggplant together Sarah, but it's lovely. Has the wind dropped down there? I'm surprised we haven't all been blown away! Vx

    ReplyDelete