Thursday 17 March 2011

Eclectic Card Class

I'm a couple of days early with this one (my March class is this Saturday). But as I have been so super busy here with so much going on, my creativity has taken a bit of a hit recently. And I miss blogging. So I wanted to post something new. I have been making a few bits and pieces but they are all using my new stash from the Mini Catalogue launching April 1st (pictures to be posted then!). So in the mean time to tide my poor neglected blog over I have a couple of pictures of cards we will be making this Saturday.

The first is a side step dresser card. This was was inspired by a beautiful card over on my Stampin' Up! friend Peg's blog. I have made a pink version and a blue version using the Teddy from the Every Little Bit stampset and the baby grow cut from the Baby Tees Jumbo Wheel (this way everyone at my card classes gets to have a unique card as each baby grow is different on the wheeled image). The 'Baby' sentiment is from the Tiny Tags stampset. The punches used for this card include: Curly Label, Eyelet Border Punch, Small Heart and various circle punches for the sentiment. And to finish I embellished with brads for the drawer handles from the Metallics collection. The colour combination is Bashful Blue with a hint of Soft Suede for the aged effect.

The second card is made using the curled Crystal Effects flower technique I perfected at Michelle's Bicester Craft Day. For this you need to remember to make the flowers first to give them plenty of time to dry. You can then curl the petals around a knitting needle or pencil to give the petals their shape. The stamps used for this card are: Vintage Vogue, For Everything, Flight of the Butterfly & Curly Cute (Sentiment). I embellished with Dazzling Diamonds sprinkled over the flowers, a pearl for the flower centre and the butterfly body, clear embossing powder for the sentiment.
These are just two of our March projects for the month. I also have a sliding draw box and a card using Lovely As A Tree to finish the afternoon off ;0)

And finally, while not technically crafty, it was my partners 36th birthday yesterday. He is notoriously difficult to buy for so I decided to make him up a 'Make Your Own Sushi' hamper. I bought all the ingredients for us to make California Rolls and then various other rolls with tuna, salmon and king prawns. We've eaten plenty of sushi in our time together but never had a go at making our own. We were pretty impressed with our first attempt. Although we'd definitely make each roll a bit more petite next time. I think we also slightly overstuffed the middles ;0)
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. If you'd like any further info about Stampin' Up! and their products please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can get in touch with me on 01983 609249 or poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk.

Happy Crafting ;0)

1 comment:

  1. What a feast for the eyes (and for the tummy in the case of the last photo!) Sarah! The baby chest of drawers card is brilliant - a real wow! And I love those curled crystal effects flowers.

    ReplyDelete