Thursday 29 July 2010

Maternity Leave Gift

A colleague of mine is off on maternity leave tomorrow. I wanted to give her a little something to wish her well over her last few weeks of pregnancy so I bought a couple of Mum to Be products. Originally I wanted to make a gift bag or box for both products. But try as I might I couldnt find a piece of card stock big or strong enough. So I decided to personalise each product with a baby/good luck theme.

I wanted to buy something for her and a little something for baby Max too. Thats why I chose the Mum to Be cream and the baby bath soak. She is having a little boy so I coloured the wrappings to suit a boy colour scheme. For this I created a wrap for around the bottle. Using Versamark I stamped a star from one of the Christmas sets all over the wrap. I the punched the heart window using the Heart Punch and lined it up with the product logo. I punched the two stars on co-ordinating Designer Series Paper and hung them from the bottle with linen thread. I then finished the decoration off with Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon.

This was my favourite piece of detailing on the little mini pizza box style gift box I made. I used the Certainly Celery Grosgrain ribbon to tie up the box. I then used the mini tag punch to make these coordinating tags. I used a needle and the linen thread to set the tags into the bow and finished off with a button from the Latte set. The box was stamped with the 'Baby' stamp in the Tiny Tags set and various animals from Fox and Friends (stamped in Green Galore on co-ordinating textured cardstock).

If you'd like any further info on Stampin Up and their products, please do not hesitate to get in touch: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 07830 343830.

No comments:

Post a Comment