Monday 21 August 2017

A Carols of Christmas Flip Frame Tutorial from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Good morning lovely crafters.


What a fabulously Stampin' Up! weekend I have just had. A perfect example of why I love Stampin' Up! so much. I shared a whole day of crafting and fun with 14 lovely crafty friends on Saturday for my 7th annual Christmas Craft Day and then my fellow Stampin' Up! Demo friend Katie brought her gorgeous family to visit Saturday night and we shared a fun filled day with our families yesterday. This is why Stampin' Up! has made such a difference to me. I have made so many new friends and get to share crafting with likeminded lovely people.


And on the theme of sharing I have one of our crafty projects from Saturday to share with you today. Such a simple project to make and could so easily be personalised to your own colours or stamp preferences. I themed this project mainly around the fabulous Carols of Christmas Bundle available to purchase exclusively this month before the launch of the new Autumn Winter Catalogue next month.

For this project I purchased the Tolsby Frames from Ikea. They are designed for two 4"x6" photos. However, if you take out the plastic inserts they are a perfect stand to make this flip frame home decor project.

Once the frame is assembled we started by attaching the two hinged rings to the top of the frame. You can then hang your pages as you go.


It is then as simple as making as many inserts as you would like for your flip element. On Saturday we made 8 pages (4 double sided mini layouts). I made each card base 9cm x 13cm so they fitted easily within the centre of the frame with enough room to flip easily.

Here are the pages we made using the Carols of Christmas Bundle (and a few new catalogue sneak peeks!):









This project would be perfect for a flip advent calendar or a project to match your Christmas colour theme for the year. It is super simple and can be as detailed and embellished as you like.

I used a whole selection of added embellishments to give dimension and texture to my pages including the Hearts and Stars Elements, Basic Jewels, Dazzling Diamonds and Cherry Cobbler Double Stitched Ribbon.  Also I used Christmas Pines stamp set for added sentiments and stamping (as well as some soon to be released new products too).

Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! and their products. I would be happy to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love the opportunity to demonstrate for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn exclusive free products and all guests get to create a fun crafty project to take home too. No crafting experience necessary! Get in touch if you'd like any further information.

-XXX-

No comments:

Post a Comment