Wednesday 2 May 2012

Two Birthdays

Firstly, I must start by apologising today as both todays cards are Stampin' Up! inspired but they are not strictly all SU product and also utilise retired stamps too. Since being on leave from work I have been going through old stash and having a play and these are two of my results. Hopefully we might see a few of these fab products return in the new main catalogue in October.

I couldn't share my Dad's birthday card with you on his actual birthday yesterday due to the blog hop. So I thought I would share the birthday tidings today with my sisters card also. Dad's card was inspired by this incredibly creative creation over onVicky's blog. As soon as I saw it I realised I would have to have a go for my Dad as he is an avid stamp collector. I love how these punched stamp shapes all fit together so perfectly. I went through all of my stamps to find an appropriately masculine image to include on the stamped images and came up with this now retired set from last years Mini catalogue. I stamped them tone on tone in Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Island Indigo, Pumpkin Pie and Elegant Eggplant.


Happy Birthday to my sister, Sophie, whose birthday it is today. Her card was inspired by the little owl image in the Aviary stamp set. I came across some old (non-SU) papers in my crafting cupboard and thought they would be perfect for her (covered in glitter and mini cupcakes). I matched the colours of the owls to the colours in the papers. I embellished with a flat bow made from Blushing Bride Stitched Poly Ribbon and a Happy Birthday stamped in matching ink from the Curly Cute stamp set. I, like all crafters, have amassed a lot of lovely papers and products over the years,  I love to sometimes challenge myself to match up Stampin' Up! colours and accessories to papers I already have. And I guess this card is a simple example of how complimentary Stampin' Up's stamps and embellishments can be.

In other news, I am still on a countdown to my 40 weeks next Tuesday. Fingers crossed it will be any day now ;0) And if my blog goes quiet, you'll know where I am....

-XXX-

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, I'm so pleased my postage stamp design came in handy for you. I love your version with the Plane and Simple planes and the brads are the perfect embellishment too. I really like your gorgeous little owl card too and of course Sophie will love it. Big hugs and best wishes for the moment when you get to meet the new member of your family! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete