Tuesday 5 July 2011

Shades of Blue Mark 2

So I had another go at a Clean and Simple card last night. I used the Shades of Blue theme for this weeks Less is More challenge as my inspiration. I used three stamps from the Stampin' Up! For Everything stamp set. I stamped the outline images with Pacific Point then coloured using the fine end of my Stampin' Write markers to colour the images in (Tempting Turquoise, Bashful Blue and Baja Breeze). I finished with basic rhinestones to embellish the flowers.

You will notice however that I still have not located my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig as I couldnt quite line the bird up perfectly. I'll have another go with another colour scheme when I find my SAMJ. I'm really pleased with this card and I'm surprised by how much I enjoy just stamping without overcomplicating things.

Happy Crafting ;0)
-XXX-

9 comments:

  1. It's lovely.The bird looks fine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, the bird fits beautifully, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty too - and I love the bird! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity of your card.. Well done
    Reg X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I so want this set! Hope you locate your SAMJ (love the abbreviation!) too! I'd be lost without mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card! The blues look awesome (and now that I've learned to use my SAMJ I couldn't live without it! - hope you find yours soon!)
    My Card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks FAB Sarah
    Super card
    Thank you very much
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pleasing on the eye. Lovely stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great little blue bird, so cute holding a flower.

    ReplyDelete