Friday 22 July 2011

A Friday Make

It has been a really slow crafting week this week. I have finally started work on my travel album from an Australian trip I took with my partner Sam in 2009. I have had a half completed album for 2 years now and I wasnt happy with the pages i had completed. So I bought myself some new neutral cardstock and I am starting from scratch. I also designed an Australian cross stitch sampler for the front cover of the scrapbook which has also been half completed. So I am now working on finishing that too. So while I havent had projects to share I have been working on things in the background.

This evening I wanted to create something but lacked inspiration. So I did a bit of blog hopping and came across a beautiful card over on my Stampin' Up! friend Vicky's blog. I decided to have a go and make my own version (which is very similar to her version in all honesty. I had to adapt certain elements to match the stamp sets I own). I am so pleased with this card. Such a beautiful idea and I have now learned a new technique (my first attempt at sponging the background).

For this card I used:
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Pear Pizzazz and Baja Breeze for the sponged background & Rich Razzleberry for the flowers and greeting.
Stamp sets: Flight of the Butterfly (small flower), Simply Said (flower stems), Nature Walk (Bee)
Other elements: Vellum (for the bee), Post its for masking.

Happy Weekend all ;0)
-X-

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah I'm so pleased to have inspired you! Your sponging is so effective and looks lovely with the Simply Said flower stems. I got really excited about the vellum flying creatures! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sarah, love the sponging technique x

    ReplyDelete