Thursday 22 March 2012

A very Jubilee Sale-A-Bration celebration

 In planning my March card class I was looking to cover upcoming topical events that I'll miss during my maternity leave. I wanted to encapsulate Mothers Day, Easter and the June Jubilee. My next card class wont now be until June 23rd so I wanted to give my ladies a good variation in seasonal cards ;0) I had memories of seeing a Union Jack stamped card many moons ago. I couldnt remember who had designed it or where I had originally seen it. However after some thorough searching I found it on Keren's blog from 2010. My memory is obviously better than I give myself credit for! I loved her original card which she'd created to celebrate the World Cup. I thought the Union Jack design would work perfectly for a Queen's Jubilee celebration, whether as a street party invite or to send to a devoted Royal Family enthusiast.

I started by stamping the Dot Dot Dot background stamp onto the Real Red strips using Whisper White ink. I stamped the floral motif from Vintage Vogue onto the Night of Navy rectangle with the same ink. I then layered Whisper White strips with Real Red to create the Union Jack. The 'Celebrate' sentiment from the exclusive  Sale-A-Bration set 'Outlined Occasions' was stamped in Night of Navy ink and coloured with my Real Red Stampin' Write marker.

The final project from Saturdays card class was this minature Easter basket. Unfortunately I didnt get a chance to take a photo of it filled with the little Easter eggs I gave all the attendees of the class (I gave the samples away to my sisters before remembering to take a pic!!). The Flirtacious Designer Series Papers were perfect for this project as they are a beautiful subtle tone, just right for Easter.  The flower embellishment was punched and layered using the Boho Blossoms punch and finished with a Subtles Collection Designer Button.
One last quick reminder, Sale-A-Bration finishes on March 30th so be sure to get your last minute orders in with me asap to make the most of the best freebie promotion of the year.

Happy crafting ;0)
-X-


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    Love looking at your blog, lots of fab things going on. Love the cute little easter basket thought that would be great for the brownies, how did you make it!
    Thanks
    Rose

    ReplyDelete