Tuesday 25 May 2010

Wight Craft Circle- Scrap With Us Challenge #14

This weeks challenge had the title 'Stay On The Straight & Narrow' (While Using Ribbon). Now.... I encountered a few problems with this challenge- 1) a lack of photographic inspiration (my pile of prints to work from is getting ever smaller!) 2) a shortage of 'stash' 3) general lacking in papercrafting ideas this week.

I cannot say I am overly happy with my layout. But i was pleased to try a couple of new techniques. And i used up some old stash at the same time (the black lace ribbon down the sides of the photo has been around in my craft drawer for AGES and I had the perfect amount to line each side of the pic).

I was deliberately using muted tones for this to match the Brooklyn Bridge scrapbook paper I found on Ebay last week. I enjoyed having a go at making a little journalling envelope on the side. A handy way to fill a vacant space on the LO. Weirdly when I look at this LO I am reminded of the documentary my Mr Sam was watching on the Hope Diamond. Does anyone else get that when they craft? They can associate the item with the music they were listening to or the programme on TV playing in the background?


Picture was taken back in 2006 on a pre-Christmas shopping trip to NY with my Mum ;0) We discovered the newly reopened Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Centre) viewing platform which gives incredible photos of Manhattan with the added bonus that you get pics with the Empire State Building in!

Using: Stampin' Up! Designer Patterned Paper Series (Hostess Level 1), Soft Suede Polka Dotted Ribbon (New in the Colour Renovation Promotion), Tag Punch.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! and I think you have matched the challenge quite nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great LO. Love the bridge paper and your photo. Totally fits the challenge!

    ReplyDelete