Tuesday 13 April 2010

My very first attempt at scrapbooking (sort of)

On Saturday I joined the lovely ladies of the Wight Craft Circle for their monthly crop. I was so nervous about going along (and getting completely lost on my way to the Sherbourne Centre didnt help) but I had no need as they were incredibly welcoming and friendly. I had a lovely day attempting scrapbooking. Although my pages were more fancy holiday album than real scrapbooking I am certainly inspired to start a proper scrapbook. And having seen the ladies lovely albums I realised how memorable and touching using just the select few photos can be as opposed to my usual stick every picture going in and hope for the best approach. It certainly made me look at my huge stack of Australia holiday photos in a completely different light.

Here are the pages I completed using the limited materials I had taken along with me:

Using: Sunny Day Simply Scrappin' Set (Page 78 of catalogue)


The page above is a little 'Small World' tribute as Sam and I specifically visited Phillip Island for its connections to the Isle of Wight. As well as a lot of shared place names we also came across the Isle of Wight Hotel! ;0)

Photos below taken on the Queenscliff-Sorrento ferry as Sam and I left Geelong on our way to Phillip Island.

I couldnt quite get the lighting right taking photos of these pages. Its a shame these photos havent shown up clearer. But these were taken at my lovely friend Sarla's 30th in Geelong. She gets a page all to herself in my holiday album ;0)


And then my favourite page of the day was put together using a page from the Pink Flamingo Design Paper Series. I absolutely love pelicans of all shapes and sizes (prize for the hugest of this species definitely goes to these huge Australian birds). Between myself and Sam we took hundreds of photos at the pelican feeding near Phillip Island. It was a hard task filtering out the best ones but I think I managed to capture how much i love these birds.

2 comments:

  1. So pleased you had a good time at the crop! you certainly had a productive day completing four layouts! Looking forward to my SU party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time at the crop! Looking forward to purchasing some lovely SU stuff!

    ReplyDelete