Wednesday 2 September 2015

Galaxy Print Effect Jingle All Way Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Good morning crafters. How are you enjoying the Autumn Winter catalogue so far? So many lovely things to look at and ideas to get your crafting mojo going.

I have another Autumn Winter inspired creation to share with you today. One of my sisters absolutely loves all things galaxy print. I have seen so many tutorials on Pinterest on how to create this effect for yourself on fabric and using various tie dye methods. So I decided to have a go at creating my own galaxy effect Christmas card.

And it was surprisingly easy to create.

I started by sponging my top layer of Whisper White all over in Tempting Turquoise. I then created contrast by sponging areas with Island Indigo. I then covered all the sponging with Blackberry Bliss being careful to leave some of the other colours showing through. I finished by sponging a small amount of Night of Navy around the edges.


To create the stars and galaxy movement I used an Aqua Painted. I lightly flicked water over my finished sponged layer and left to dry. This gave the effect of the stars in the background. Once dry I used my fine tip glue to add Metallic Sequins.

I cut my sleigh using the Jingle All The Way bundle of products. I cut my layer to size and adhered with Dimensionals over a layer cut from Gold Foil card. 


Thank you for popping by today. I hope you enjoyed this technique today. I love any technique where no two cards will look the same (and you can't really go wrong either!). I will be back on Friday with another festive fun creation. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!)

 -XXX-

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment